Ductless Heat Pumps
Installing a ductless heat pump or air conditioner is one of the most efficient forms of electric heating and cooling. Like a standard heating and cooling system, a ductless mini-split pump has two major components – a skinny outdoor compressor unit and an indoor air-handling unit.
Advantages of Ductless Heat Pump:
- SMALL! The first advantage is the small size of the units. This allows you to heat and cool each individual room. Each zone or room has its own thermostat which is great for conserving energy as you only have to condition rooms that are being used.
- ENERGY SAVING! Since mini-splits are ductless, no energy will be lost through the ductwork like central air systems. Central air systems lose up to 30% of energy through ductwork, thus making ductless mini-splits very energy efficient. New high efficiency Energy Star models produce 400% more electric heating for just 1/4th the cost of electric heat. Heating bills are dramatically slashed.
- INSTALL ANYWHERE! Another advantage of ductless heat pumps are that they are very easy to install. A three-inch hole is required for the hook-up between in the indoor air-handling unit and the outdoor compressor. The length of the connecting cable (conduit) can be customized in a variety of lengths which allow you to condition a zone on the opposite end of the house while keeping the outdoor compressor in a discrete location outside of the home.
- HUGE REBATES! Right now Seattle City Light and Puget Sound Energy know that this system will save so much energy and dollars that they will pay you $1200 to put one in your home. PSE WILL PAY UP TO $2600 TO REPLACE AN ALL ELECRIC HEATED HOME.
- COOLING! Ductless heat pumps not only heat but they also cool. Get air conditioning to keep you cool in the summer. And these are the most energy efficient units made. You can cool an area for pennies a day in electricity cost.
- ATTRACTIVE! Slim white units mount on the wall or floor or ceiling. Very flexible to match any décor.
- SUPER QUIET! These units are the quietest units on Earth. They make very little noise compared to conventional units. The units are rated as little as 32 decibels.
Ductless mini-splits are a cost-effective, energy-efficient way to add heating/cooling on to your home or office. They are also a great money-saving option instead of adding on ductwork in your home or building. Get a free quote today.