Hayes Heating & Cooling is a licensed and certified Coleman dealer. Coleman has a full line of makes and models for every application. There are two generic “types” of furnaces, CONDENSING and NON-CONDENSING.
Condensing gas furnaces:
These are the 90%+ efficient gas furnaces – also known as High Efficiency furnaces. Coleman offers a 95% efficient single-stage gas furnace, a 96% efficient two-stage variable gas furnace and a 98% efficient modulating variable furnace. The gas heat in a single-stage furnace operates like a lightswitch, it's either on or off. The gas is 50% on and then 100% on in a two stage, and the modulating furnace has fifty stages of gas up and then 50 stages of gas down as it turns off. These provide better heating comfort and temperatures. On the air blower a single stage has just one speed of blower, on then off. A variable speed blower has infinite blower speeds used automatically during the heating process. This blower is very quiet…. twice as quiet as a single stage blower. All condensing furnaces use a plastic pipe for a flue. This pipe drains the condensing water in the flue pipe back to a drain or condensate pump.
Non-Condensing gas furnaces:
These are the 80%+ efficient gas furnaces – also known as Mid Efficiency furnaces. Coleman has a 80% single stage gas furnace and an 88% efficient modulating variable gas furnace. The gas heat is off or on in a single stage furnace and the modulating furnace has fifty stages of gas up and then 50 stages of gas down as it turns off. These provide better heating comfort and temperatures. On the air blower a single stage has just one speed of blower, on then off. A variable speed blower has infinite blower speeds used automatically during the heating process. This blower is very quiet…. twice as quiet as a single stage blower. We use the metal flue pipe like the old furnaces for flue venting.
Buderus is Germany’s best boiler. Burnham Boiler is America’s best boiler. It says so right on the box. And it’s true.
We sell and install both brands. You can get a 86% to 96% efficient models in either brand; American made or German made.
Whether gas or oil, ENERGY STAR qualified boilers use about 6% to 18% less energy than a standard boiler. Some newer boilers have a rating of 96% efficiency. An old outdated boiler may be running at 50% efficiency.
Earning the ENERGY STAR means products meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency. By choosing ENERGY STAR qualified heating and cooling equipment and taking steps to optimize its performance, you can enhance the comfort of your home while saving energy. Saving energy helps you save money on utility bills and protect the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the fight against climate change.
ENERGY STAR qualified boilers have annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) ratings of 85% or greater. AFUE is the measure of heating equipment efficiency. They achieve greater efficiency with features, including:
- Electronic ignition, which eliminates the need to have the pilot light burning all the time.
- New combustion technologies that extract more heat from the same amount of fuel.
- Sealed combustion that uses outside air to fuel the burner, reducing drafts and improving safety.
Coleman Heat Pumps are efficient, comfortable and quiet. Coleman received Consumer Digest’s Best Buy recommendation for their Echelon and LX series heat pumps. Their efficiencies are 14.5 seer, 16 seer & 18 seer, making for up to 50% energy savings! All of them practical for Western Washington, a climate ideal for these high efficiency heat pumps. Old heat pumps blew cold air. These newly redesigned models blow warm air that feels good. All models are rated at 70 decibels, a sound rating just above the sound of normal conversation!
- Heating Pumps are Green – A Heat Pump in captures solar heat from the air even at cold temperatures down to below zero and pumps it up to usable heating temperatures above 100-110 degrees in the house or building. Many heat pump systems installed in Kent use only ¼ the electricity of electric heat to do the job. It saves a lot of expensive energy! This allows for future expansion of homes and buildings, being part of the energy solution for the future.
- Less Noise Pollution – A Coleman Heat Pump is now 400% quieter than the old models installed in the 1960s! Sound ratings have dropped dramatically. The new Heat Pumps are now whisper quiet, generating the sound output of two people talking in whispers.
- Extremely Reliable – A Coleman Heating Pump gets a life expectancy of 25 years or more.
- Made in the USA – The Coleman brand of Heat Pumps are the last to be 100% made in the USA in Wichita, Kansas. Back in the heartland of America. We are proud of that.
Installing a ductless heat pump or air conditioner is one of the most efficient forms of electric heating and cooling. Like a standard heating and cooling system, a ductless mini-split pump has two major components – a skinny outdoor compressor unit and an indoor air-handling unit.
Advantages of Ductless Heat Pump:
- SMALL - The first advantage is the small size of the units. This allows you to heat and cool each individual room. Each zone or room has its own thermostat which is great for conserving energy as you only have to condition rooms that are being used.
- ENERGY SAVING - Since mini-splits are ductless, no energy will be lost through the ductwork like central air systems. Central air systems lose up to 30% of energy through ductwork, thus making ductless mini-splits very energy efficient. New high efficiency Energy Star models produce 400% more electric heating for just 1/4th the cost of electric heat.
- INSTALL ANYWHERE - Another advantage of ductless heat pumps are that they are very easy to install. A three-inch hole is required for the hook-up between in the indoor air-handling unit and the outdoor compressor. The length of the connecting cable (conduit) can be customized in a variety of lengths which allow you to condition a zone on the opposite end of the house while keeping the outdoor compressor in a discrete location outside of the home.
- COOLING - Ductless heat pumps not only heat but they also cool. Get air conditioning to keep you cool in the summer. And these are the most energy efficient units made.
- ATTRACTIVE - Slim white units mount on the wall or floor or ceiling. Very flexible to match any décor.
- SUPER QUIET - These units are the quietest units on Earth. They make very little noise compared to conventional units. The units are rated as little as 32 decibels.
Ductless mini-splits are a cost-effective, energy-efficient way to add heating/cooling on to your home or office.
Hayes Heating & Cooling has sold Coleman Air Conditioners in Kent for over 30 years because they produce the highest quality products.
They are tested 56 times on their production line and are run for 15 minutes before being shipped. They are the only 100% U.S.A. manufactured air conditioners, keeping U.S. manufacturing jobs here in the country. They have also received Consumer Digest’s Best Buy award.
There are several key factors to keep in mind when you are looking for a new air conditioning system:
- WHO INSTALLS the system makes a big difference. Six different studies across the US stated that 66% of new installed air conditioners were improperly charged by the installer wasting up to 32% in operating costs to the homeowners.
- WHICH BRAND you select is important. Coleman got the Consumers Digest Best Buy. They are made with the highest manufacturing standards (ISO 9003) and are manufactured 100% in the USA.
- WHAT SEER rating you choose determines how economical it is to run. An old 10 SEER rated air conditioner will cost more to use per month. A 16 SEER rated Coleman air conditioner will cost less to use per month to cool your house and it is quieter than the base model.
- PROPER SIZING of your heat and cooling needs are critical to success in the long term. An oversized cooling system will cost you in down time and repairs. Proper sizing is imperative.
- PROPER DUCTING is the single most important factor in a successful cooling retrofit. There must be enough return ducts located in the proper places if you want even cooling. Hot air rises and cold air falls. We have to beat this Law of Physics or at least work with it. If your cooling guy doesn’t talk to you about your ducts, send him out the door.
We at Hayes Heating sell, install and repair tank and tankless hot water heaters.
Tankless water heaters have over twice as long life than a tank type water heater.
WHY GO TANKLESS ?
- It’s HOT!…......Unlimited hot water, never run out.
You can take unlimited hot showers all day long…....No more cold showers.
- It’s EFFICIENT…..…It saves you money every day!
Tank type water heaters are 50% efficient…...Tankless are 98% EFFICIENT.
- It has NO PILOT LIGHT.........You don’t have to relight a pilot. Less hassle.
A pilot light costs $96 per year to run and can cost $100 to relight.
- Cleaner BURNING…….Better for the environment. Cleaner = Greener.
Support a better environment….....Feel good about supporting mother earth. It’s good to be green. Very, very low emissions.
- SPACE SAVER…….Mounts on a wall in a 2.2 cu ft space!
Only 2.2 cu.ft.- Hangs on a wall – Gives you more storage space.
- Lasts the LONGEST….....Over twice as long life than a tank.
- Enhances RESALE VALUE.....…Tankless water heaters are worth more.
Duct Cleaning is a process of removing the dirt, dust, dead spiders, bugs and lint that collects normally over time in your ductwork. The preferred method is called source removal (getting the stuff out of your pipes). Many of the best methods push and pull. Or one end is being sucked while a powerful blower or air hose is “pushing the debris down the pipes. Sometimes brushes are used, and most duct cleaning techs offer a sanitizing service.
- Because Western Washington has a twelve month a year pollen season, we have more dust than the rest of the country. Most other areas of the country have only a three month a year pollen season.
- Western Washington has the highest concentration of electronic air cleaners than in any other place in the entire world! This is a fact born out in sales and marketing reports from Honeywell. We wouldn’t use them if we didn’t need them!
- Most duct cleaning companies report getting a pound of accumulated dirt and dust during a normal home duct cleaning.
- There are over 1000 sq.ft. of duct surface area in an average home heating system ductwork. You can’t see it because it is hidden. Imagine not vacuuming your floors for five years on an entire floor. How much accumulation would you get?
- For allergy and asthma sufferers, we recommend cleaning your ducts annually. It has helped my families and all of our homes very much.
- One sixteenth of an inch buildup of dust on a heat exchanger adds 10% more to your gas or electric bill for heating or cooling.